GROUNDS FOR FILING A COMPLAINT BY A CUSTOMER
- Interest/Deposit not paid OR paid with delay.
- Cheque not presented OR done with delay.
- Not conveyed the amount of loan sanctioned, terms & conditions, annualised rate of interest, etc.
- Notice not provided for changes in agreement, levy of charges
- Failure to ensure transparency in contract/loan agreement.
- Failure/ Delay in releasing securities/ documents.
- Failure to provide legally enforceable built-in repossession in contract/ loan agreement .
- RBI directives not followed by NBFC .
- Guidelines on Fair Practices Code not followed .
HOW CAN A CUSTOMER FILE COMPLAINT ?
Written representation to Uni-Com FinCorp Pvt.Ltd.
At the end of one month
If reply is not received from Uni-Com FinCorp Pvt.Ltd. or customer remain dissatisfied with the reply of Uni-Com FinCorp Pvt.Ltd.
If customer has not approached any forum
File a Complaint with NBFC Ombudsman (not later than one year after the reply from Uni-Com FinCorp Pvt.Ltd.)
HOW DOES OMBUDSMAN TAKE DECISION ?
- Proceedings before Ombudsman are summary in nature .
- Promotes settlement through conciliation -> If not reached, can issue Award/Order .
CAN A CUSTOMER APPEAL, IF NOT SATISFIED WITH DECISION OF OMBUDSMAN ?
Yes, If Ombudsman’s decision is appealable >> Appellate Authority: Deputy Governor, RBI
- This is an Alternate Dispute Resolution mechanism .
- Customer is at liberty to approach any other court/forum/authority for the redressal at any stage.
Name : Ms. Neeraj
Contact No: 0181-4641051
Email ID : firstname.lastname@example.org